Thursday, February 14, 2013

Scott Archery FOX Release Review

February 14/13

Kyle bought me this release for Mothers Day last year (2012). I instantly fell in love with its looks. I had an old Cobra release in small. I liked the thick strap, it was very cushioned but in velcro. It was noisy. So Kyle got me this.
 
Its lighter then my old one, has a buckle and a leather strap. It took me a bit of time to get used to the leather over the thick cushioned strap but I'm good now. It is smaller and fits my hand better. It has multiple notches to lengthen the end. I find it easier to get on and off then the velcro. The trigger is more sensitive as well. The leather is a good thickness and doesn't feel like its going to fall apart on me. The leather holding the end on to the strap feels sturdy. I had to adjust my draw length because this was shorter then my old one. Luckily it didn't change my anchor points.
 
Scott Archery:
 

FOX

For women/youth!
The Fox is designed specifically for a woman's smaller hand and wrist size and for the compact bows women typically shoot. She'll love the Hot Pink anodized finish!
  • Designed for women's smaller hands and compact short-draw bows
  • Slimline Solid Swivel Connector with patented 5-hole swivel adjustment
  • Forward-positioned knurled-trigger maximizes draw length
Available:
  • Small buckle - Hot Pink
  • Youth buckle - Hot Pink

If you are small or have small hands I do recommend this release. 
If you are switching from an old one to this one (or any other release) and find you're not shooting as good as you were make sure to check your anchoring points and length. Happy Shooting :)

Nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment