Friday, March 1, 2013

MEC Womens Persea -12 Sleeping Bag Review

March 1/13


After searching for a while for a sleeping bag, this was the one I chose. It is built specifically for women, having extra padding around the feet and chest. Is wider around the hips and narrower around the shoulders This bag is very comfortable and very warm. It is made of a quick drying Hyperloft filling that is 50% recycled polyester. The outer shell is DWR treated. It is a relaxed mummy shape. I am terrible for being cold all the time and I use it through the spring-summer-fall. It is rated down to -12C. It only comes in small and regular lengths. I tried both lengths in MEC before I decided which I was going to buy. I am only 5'1''. The small is rated up to 5'4''. I bought the regular. The small did fit perfectly, but I like to burrow down into my sleeping bag so that my head/face isn't sticking out. For me the only downfall to this bag is the compressibility. It does not compress down small. At all. The reason I bought a sleeping bag is for when we go on our backpacks up into the mountains. But I had to make a sacrifice on comfort/warmth and compression...guess comfort won out. But the nice feature of buying from MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) is their warranty. You can trade it in at any time or return it at any time.

Warmth: *****
Comfort: *****
Packable: ***
Compression: *
Warranty: *****


MEC: http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/SleepingBags/SyntheticMummyBags/PRD~5025-639/mec-persea-sleeping-bag-12c-womens.jsp


Nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment