Friday, October 26, 2012

SHE Expedition Tech Camo pants review

October 26, 2012

This summer I purchased a pair of SHE's Expedition pants in XS from Bass Pro.

FIT
I like the way these fit, they are a low rise fit. Their sizing puts an XS in the 0-2 size range. I am a 0 and sometimes (depending on the pants) smaller. These are big enough that I could put a pair of long underwear under them and layer up for winter. I wear a belt with them all the time. If I don't, they stretch out and fall off while hiking. Without a belt they sit on my hips comfortably, they are baggy in the crotch for me though.

MATERIAL
They are very soft, feel like your wearing sweat pants. They are made from form-stretch fleece. They have a 4-way stretch which gives you freedom of movement. They say they are water-repellent, I don't think they are truly water-repellent. I find if they get a little damp they do dry fairly quick, if you get them wet they take a while to dry. One thing I was not happy with was the material pilled after one wash.  They seem to help wick sweat away and drys fast afterwards. They have an anti-microbial in the fabric to help with scent control. Everything sticks to the material, leaves, sticks, twigs, burrs,and pine needles, it all sticks.

PERFORMANCE
After hiking all day in the heat, they never got an odor to them, I have not tested them on multi day hunts over night in the backcountry yet for smell. They allow good movement. They are soft and silent. They are warm, I wouldn't wear them in the middle of summer when its 30-35 degrees Celsius out.Wicks away sweat. After hiking in a light rain they do get damp and then you get cold. Walking through the snow also makes them wet.

Pros: Comfortable, Fit, Quiet, Warm, Movement
Cons: Material pills, Stuff clings to them, Not water repellent

Nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment