Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"It's not a fashion show" ....

I don't know how many times I have been told, "the deer don't care what you look like/are wearing" or "its not a fashion show".
Or even, "why don't you just buy the juniors if those don't fit" "these other ones are cheaper"

To all those that have ever heard this or other similar statements, you're not alone!

I started my hunting life out in Juniors L and XL or men's M (because for some reason you could never find a S or XS in the men's?) and now that there is women's gear out, I have to say....it's NOT that I am trying to be in a fashion show or look pretty, its about being comfortable in the bush.

Yes, some of the women's gear is more expensive then the junior or men's, but the stuff actually fits! And its not just those women that are petite like me, the women that have curves also deserve the comfort of wearing properly fitted clothing. Its not fun walking around feeling like a marshmallow or having your clothes to tight that its hard to move around. It also hinders our performance in the bush! Range of motion is affected greatly and being able to regulate your body temperature with a decent layering system.

Personally, I still have troubles finding gloves and pants. I'm petite (5'1'', 100lbs), and they don't seem to make them small enough for me still. My SHE Expedition pants fit comfortably, I still need a belt, but they are fitted enough that they don't hang down around my knees and big enough I can fit some long underwear in if need be. I highly recommend them if you are my size or bigger! They are very nice and not expensive. My only complaint is after the first wash the material pilled.

That's my rant for now lol!

Nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment