Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hips Archery Target Review

August 31, 2013

So I have just recently been accepted on to the Hips Prostaff Team, but I have been shooting their targets for a while now. I received my first one, a X2 series Whitetail, back in April and have been shooting it almost everyday since then. Now that I am on the team I have purchased their X2 Mule Deer target. I still shoot my whitetail more often just because it is more abused and I like to use it for close range.

Durability
I am very impressed with these targets. So far my whitetail (even though its the smallest out of the X2 series) is still taking a pounding. I have shot it just about everyday and that includes with broadheads. The broadheads have more penetration but the target is still stopping them.

Pulling Arrows are very nice with these targets. They pull with ease and don't take parts of the target with them.

These targets are extremely light! Easy to carry making it easy to take them anywhere. My 5 year old daughter can carry them and pull her own arrows out of these! With them being so light when your arrow hits the target they are designed to move to absorb the shock which helps with the life of the targets. Just be careful because you can damage arrows!

 I have found that when the target gets more and more abused that they still hold together. The first layer on the center of the whitetail is starting to peel off from the amount I have shot it but other then that it doesn't show a lot of signs of stress. Even with the top layer coming off it still stops my arrows. I love these targets!




I do recommend these targets and they have a few different types that go up in size. From smallest to largest: Whitetail, Mule deer, Elk, Grizzly and the Big game. The grizzly and big game targets are suggested for the speed bows, although Kyle shoots the mule deer target and it does stop his arrows.

I shoot a Bowtech Heartbreaker with arrows that weigh about 303gr, pulling 50#, 24 in draw and flying at an average of 240fps.
Kyle shoots a Bowtech Destroyer 340 at 70#, 32 in draw, arrows weighing about 460gr and flying at an average of 300fps

Hope this review helps with your target making decisions! You wont be disappointed with a Hips! Check out the targets at www.hipstargets.com and they are on facebook and twitter!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/hipsarcherytargets
Twitter: @hips_targets


Nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment