Monday, August 27, 2012

My Journey Here

I was brought up in an active outdoors family. My grandparents and uncles all hunt and everyone in the family fish. I went out a few times with my Nana on short hunting trips and I used to love helping my grandpa skin the animals they harvested. My Nana was the only woman hunter in our family, and I like to think that I got the interest from her. The main focus of the entire family was always fishing though. I basically grew up on the ice and in a boat with my dad and grandparents. We used to spend the entire summers out in the trailer by the lake, camping and fishing.

I was born and raised on 5 acres outside a small town in the mountains. We had chickens, geese, ducks, cats, dogs and horses. As I got older I got more and more into horseback riding and started to compete in Dressage and Show Jumping. Soon that took over the camping and fishing.



After I graduated from High school I moved in with my boyfriend(now husband) and got into college. As an avid outdoors man he got me back into the hunting and fishing, although it was more of the hunting now then the fishing. We put me through the C.O.R.E and got my firearms license the same summer we moved in together. That hunting season Kyle picked me up after school one day and we headed straight out to the bush and I harvested my first deer. A 4 point whitetail buck at 150 yards with a .243. After that I was hooked and I started to gather bits of hunting gear here and there. Although at that time there was no such thing as women's hunting clothes. I had to manage with Juniors and men's....


Nikita

My Boy and I
 

No comments:

Post a Comment